PLACES TO SEE IN CAPPADOCIAWith so many amazing sights to see in Cappadocia, one could spend a lifetime continuously exploring its hidden delights. Below, we have created "the best of the best" list to help guide you in planning your Cappadocia adventure and have outlined the top highlights for visitors to this region. We also offer scheduled tours or private, custom-made tours to the areas below and we are the regional experts on all things Cappadocia. If you have any questions about planning your travel in Turkey, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Goreme Open Air Museum: cave churches with frescoes
- Zelve Open Air Museum: an empty cave town with churches
- Kaymakli Underground City: the largest underground city
- Derinkuyu Underground City: the deepest underground city
- Ihlara Valley: the deepest gorge of Anatolia
- Uchisar: Roman rock-cut castle
- Ortahisar: Roman rock-cut castle
- Avanos: center of pottery since the Hittites
- Pasabag: mushroom-shaped fairy chimneys, monks valley
- Devrent: animal-shaped fairy chimneys, imagination valley
- Hacibektas: center of Bektasi sect of Islam
- Gulsehir: first settlements in Cappadocia
- Forgotten Cave Churches: churches located in the valleys
- Caravanserais: 13th century hotels on the silk road
Cappadocia is a wonderland of visual delights for travelers of all ages, interests and travel styles. Whether your interests lie in touring amazing rock-cut churches, gliding over fretted ravines in hot air balloons, exploring mysterious ancient underground cities, taking in breathtaking landscapes, horseback riding through spectacular valleys or any of the other activities and offerings of this incredible mosaic â€“ we invite you to enjoy and explore our Cappadocia!